top of page



Q. How can I schedule an appointment with your office?

A. We provide telephone, video, and limited office consultations which can be scheduled here

Q. Is there a Consultation Fee? What can I expect during the consultation?


A. Yes, there is a consultation fee.  The fee must be paid prior to scheduling your appointment. A typical consultation may last from 20-45 minutes and consists of an in-depth question and answer session to assess your specific legal issue. If you hire us within 30 days to handle your case the consultation fee will be credited towards the attorney's fee charged in your case.



Q. How do I file for my relative to become a permanent resident? 

A. If you are a US citizen or Permanent Resident (green card holder) you can file Form I-130 (Petition for Relative), for your immediate relative (spouse or child; parent if you are a citizen). There are different procedures depending on where your relative is located (Consular Processing if abroad or Adjustment of Status if in the US). You can find out more information on the USCIS website or contact an immigration attorney to guide you through the process.

Q. How long is the filing process?

A. For immediate relatives of a US Citizen (spouse, parent, or minor child) the process is shorter since an immigrant visa is immediately available. However, immediate relatives of a permanent resident spouse or child), or the adult children or siblings of a US Citizen must wait until an immigrant visa is available. This is based on the Visa Bulletin which can be found on the US Department of State website. Ultimately, there is no real guarantee of how long the process will take but you can monitor the USCIS case processing times or your case status on the USCIS website. 

Q. My spouse just filed for me and I was granted "conditional status". What does this mean?

A. If you have been married to a US Citizen for less than 2 years and your spouse files for your green card, then you will be granted "conditional" residency for two years. You and your spouse will have to file Form I-751 to remove this condition within 90 days of its expiration so you can obtain your permanent resident status.

Q. How can I obtain US Citizenship?

A. Either by birth, naturalization, or through your parents (in certain situations).

To become a naturalized citizen you must:

  • Be at least 18 years old

  • Be a permanent resident for 5 years or 3 years (if based on your marriage to a US citizen)

  • Have been physically present for at least 30 months of the 5 years or 18 months if married to a US citizen

  • Be a resident of the State where you live for at least 3 months

  • Be able to pass an English and US History exam (study materials are available through the USCIS website)

  • Have a good moral character (i.e. no disqualifying criminal history)

For more information on the Naturalization Process go to the USCIS website, or consult with an experienced attorney regarding your eligibility.

Q. When can I apply for Citizenship?

A. Generally, you must be a permanent resident for 5 years or 3 years (if based on your marriage to a US citizen). You can begin the application process within the 90 days of your third or fifth year of permanent residency. For more information on Citizenship go to the USCIS website.

bottom of page